Process Mapping Logo

Process Mapping - Forums

Sharing 19 years of knowledge and experience

 
Metastorm BPM forums
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
mikramuddin

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #1 

Hi folks,

 

Was successful in taking a medicore workflow and migrating that over from 7.6 version to 9.x

I bring up the Designer 9 and deploy it successfully as well.

 

The Initiate_Request form loads up fine after launching the BPM site. I enter all the required items and hit the check button to submit. Nothing.

I removed any script on the form save and after action completed. Almost stripped it to basics.  Tried even to open the debugger and I can follow through with some breakpoints here and there.  Everything works. 

Except when I hit submit, nothing seems to work - the form; the debugger or any IE javascript error popping up.  As if the submit is lost to what action it should take.  I can hit the cross button to cancel and it works great :)

 

 

Any ideas, thoughts where I should drill to figure this problem out. THanks,

0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #2 
What JScript is on the form?

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
mikramuddin

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #3 
There are some scripts to assign values at the Form_saved event and then couple of assignment values again at the when action completed.  All of these, I disabled to not run.

Forgot to add, that I installed Fiddler and it catches all my actions like toggling the radio button and/or changing the dropdown selection, but when I click on submit - Nothing on Fiddler as well.  When I click on cancel, fiddler catches that.

You know as if the submit is disabled in some fashion.

Then I thought maybe something is erroring out when the form loads, but I don't see anything unusual in the Fiddler report. Any specific information you would like me to get you in terms of javascript code being called or some what. Please let me know. thanks,
0
Meatstorm

Member
Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #4 

Have you deployed other forms/processes on this v9 instance which are submitting successfully?  I am wondering if your web client install is just corrupted somehow and needs a re-install.

0
mikramuddin

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #5 
Man, you scared me there.  I had that thought one time and I forgot until you reminded me.  No: I have a new v9 test process that went through just fine and the TODO list gets populated alright.  Thanks,
0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #6 
If the cancel works, JScript is still active. If you have disabled all script on submit it should not be that.

In the beginning of version 9, we elected to rewrite all solutions from the ground up, as the problems we found in the migrated solutions were wasting too much time. I believed the migration tool had become much better in version 9.1, but from this experience, I am starting to doubt that.

A rewrite also gives you the chance to optimise functionality and create a much better design, so it is not wasted effort in the long term.

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!