Process Mapping Logo

Process Mapping - Forums

Sharing 19 years of knowledge and experience

 
Metastorm BPM forums
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
StuBarnwell

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #16 

I reinstalled Metastorm 9 as i don't want to wait 5 days for helpdesk to turn around and say "yes it's an issue, reinstall and all ok, but this issue will be fixed in SR1 due out end of the month.." - so i reinstalled and the problem has gone away - for now. Just make sure i don't crash the designer it seems, or it has major knock on effects.

0
ashima

Member
Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #17 
Did you manage to get rid of the roles problem or columns disappearing issue?

I have the same problem with the grids. If one column is hidden - then the next column -despite of having "optional" or "read only" settings - is hidden as well.
Right now I am work arounding this bug with adding new columns between those hidden and optional.
0
StuBarnwell

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #18 

Hi there...

The issue with the columns disappearing has not been sorted yet. metastorm know it's a bug in Metastorm  9 running on Windows Server 2003. I wonder if this is because of IIS6? as its fine on IIS7 (Windows Server 2008)  I don't know.... we'll see...

As for the roles problem and and not appearing on peoples Todo lists.. this is another known bug/issue with Metastorm. Was told the following:

For some reason sometimes the system will no longer put folders onto peoples to Do lists or watch lists, or alert anyone to be honest, why? They don’t know. There looking into the bug..

but they know what happens and what to change if it does...

There is a new table in the database called eServer and a column called eDoAlertGeneration.
Sometimes it gets set to 0.. where as you can see it’s meant to be   -1

So if this problem happens in future – you know what to change to get it back to life instead of reinstalling Metastorm 9.

0
daiwilliams

Veteran
Registered:
Posts: 122
Reply with quote  #19 
Wish I had found this post earlier!

I've been fiddling with the grids for ages due to this issue. Looks like it hasnt been fixed yet, and yes I am running Server 2003. Ah well, sit tight I suppose!

Dai


0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #20 
Grids seem to be OKish now. If you have a 'gap' at the RHS, then the columns do not seem to match up with the headers unless you manually resize one of them.

If you do not leave a gap at the RHS, if the grid needs scrolling it expands right beyond the grid pane, so forcing a horizontal scroll as well. That is an ugly thing.

I generally try to leave a gap to 10 pixels or so on the right and live with the mismatch of column to header until it is fixed.

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #21 
Hah!

I've now moved to a different system, and all my grids are getting stuffed up. Most of them seem to show a completely wrong order of fields, and it gets completely ballsed up - like hidden fields being required, so you can never add a row.

I think it is the Business Object getting the order wrong. This is exactly the same problem as we used to have with the flawed dataset field, where I have shown how it can easily break if used on different systems. As we are forced to use a table BO, for editable grids, we have the exact same problem with the field order being messed about.

Having said that, I have had one issue that was with a Query BO, but I am not sure if that was the same issue. It did look the same.

The solution is to recreate the grid (yawn...).

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #22 
Ok, it does not work, even when I rebuild the BO. You can, BTW, just add a space to the table definition in Table BO's and it rebuilds it, which is good to know.

It seems to be a problem with hidden fields. If I set all hidden fields to read-only and zero width it works.

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
chernoa

Member
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #23 
I have the same problem!!!

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!