Product: Metastorm BPM®
Release: 9.0 SR3
Affected Components: Metastorm Process Designer
Metastorm Deployment Service
Purpose of the hotfix:
This hotfix addresses the following issues:
- Deployment loads .NET 1.1 assemblies instead of .NET 2.0 assemblies for executing Solutions. (Metastorm# SR-12162010-0018, DEF15540)
- Administration Forms are deleted when a Client-side or Server-side script with a similar name is created. (Metastorm# SR-12082010-0006, DEF15553)
- The value of Width property for a control is saved incorrectly when designing a multi-language Form. (Metastorm# SR-12152010-0009, DEF15706)
- The “Visibility depends on” property value has changed from "Don't show" to “None” for Form controls. (Metastorm# SR-01182011-0010, DEF15776)
- When opening 9.0 SR2 Solutions in 9.0 SR3, Visual Script Event Handler cannot be opened if ProcessContext is used as Script method parameter. (Metastorm# SR-01182011-0003, DEF15810)
Workaround is to add the following code in the <configuration> section of the Designer.exe.config file:
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="126.96.36.1995" newVersion="188.8.131.52"/>
Adding this code allows the Designer to load Metastorm.Runtime.Core.Stub assembly with version 184.108.40.206 instead of 220.127.116.115 thus enabling you to open Solutions created in 9.0 SR2.
Implications of the hotfix and other considerations:
To apply this hotfix, upgrade your system to 9.0 SR3 using the steps mentioned in the Installation Guide,
and follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Close Metastorm Process Designer.
2. Stop Metastorm Deployment Service.
3. Stop Metastorm Process Engine Service.
4. Run the hotfix installation.
5. Start Metastorm Deployment Service.
6. Start Metastorm Process Engine Service.
7. Restart IIS.
This hotfix cannot be uninstalled independently of the full install.