Process Mapping Logo

Process Mapping - Forums

Sharing 19 years of knowledge and experience

 
Metastorm BPM forums
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #1 
Half a frickin day tracking this one down!

I kept getting a fault "Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string"

I looked at everything, and it took some hours to narrow down, and it was a BO integer value. Every time I used it, this error came up. Even when I just traced it to the log.

Eventually I go look at the BO, and the three params are text, date, date, but had been all defined as text. What had happened was the designer must have made some conversion to text at the point where I entered th4e params when using the BO, and the engine could not convert that text back to a date when using it. I say that as changing the type forced me to replace the params as used (even though they 'appeared' to be set).

It also is strange that the engine only barfed when the value was read. If I did not use the value, it was ignored. That gives some interesting insight into when the BO is initialised. I thought it would be on form load, but it may not be until used (which may be optimal, but I can foresee issues there).

Anyway, in case anyone gets a similar error, it may be the BO params.

__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
JBudler

Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #2 
Saved me a mission there bud, thanks. :)
__________________
Regards,
Jacques
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!