Process Mapping Logo

Process Mapping - Forums

Sharing 19 years of knowledge and experience

 
Metastorm BPM forums
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
PJC

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I am using ProcessContext.UserError to do validation on input fields. Previously, it worked well and the text that I specified was displayed in the popup dialog on the form. I set ProcessContext.UserError to the text string I want to display in the change event of a calendar control.

Now, the text is not displayed. Metastorm displays the generic error message "There was an error processing the request". When I look at the eLog table it contains my error text in the eDescription column. The eStatusCode is 2.

How can I get the system to show my error message when I set ProcessContext.UserError?

Thank you!

0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #2 
What is in the rest of the designer log entry?
__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
PJC

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Jerome,

I forgot to mention that this is in an Admin form.

Details in the eLog record:

eLogId: 110620
eTime: 2013-02-11 15:31:56.757
eStatusCode: 2
eUserName: NULL
eProcedureName: NULL
eMapName: NULL
eStageName: NULL
eActionName: FlightDetails
eFormName: FlighDetails
eFolderId: 0900000000000000000000000012119
eDescription: <The text that I want to display on the popup and that I set to ProcessContext.UserError>
eDetectedByClass: NULL
eDetectedByMethod: NULL
ePreEval: NULL
ePostEval: NULL
eDetails: <The text that I want to display on the popup and that I set to ProcessContext.UserError>
eStackTrace:
   at Metastorm.Engine.WF.Hosting.MSWorkflowCaller.CheckFinalState(String workflowName, Guid wfInstance, WorkflowInstanceState wfInstanceState, Boolean ignoreWFTermination)     at Metastorm.Engine.WF.Hosting.MSWorkflowCaller.CallSync(Type workflowType, IFolder90 folderEnvironment, Guid batchId, Guid instanceId, Dictionary`2 parameters)     at Metastorm.Engine.Runtime.FolderWorkflow.CallWorkflow(Type workflowType, Dictionary`2 parameters)     at Metastorm.Engine.Runtime.FolderWorkflow.StartWorkflow(Type workflowType, Dictionary`2 parameters)     at Metastorm.Runtime.Core.EngineService.StartWorkflow(Type classType, Dictionary`2 args)     at Metastorm.Runtime.Models.Travel.FlightDetails.Declarations.FlightDetailsFields.Declarations.TravelDateTime.WhenChanged()     at Metastorm.Engine.Operations.RefillFolderHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<Process>b__1()     at Metastorm.Engine.Common.ExecutableElements.VoidWrapper(String call, String context, DelegateVoid function, IFolder90 folder, ExecutableElementsContext contextType, ExecutableElementsFunction functionType, Type source)     at Metastorm.Engine.Operations.RefillFolderHandler.Process(String sessionId, String callerId, CultureInfo culture, String clientData, DateTimeOffset requestTimeStamp, String folderId, String actionName, String formName, Collection`1 updates, Boolean noLayout, Collection`1 fieldInputList, String serverData, String clientType)     at Metastorm.Engine.Operations.FolderOperations.RefillFolder(String sessionId, String callerId, CultureInfo culture, String clientData, DateTimeOffset requestTimestamp, String folderId, String actionName, String formName, Collection`1 updates, Boolean noLayout, Collection`1 fieldInputList, String serverData, String clientType)

Thank you!
0
Jerome

Avatar / Picture

Guru
Registered:
Posts: 5,507
Reply with quote  #4 
And the code, then?
__________________
Post an example, and we will have a much better idea what the problem is. In about 90% of posts, the problem is one of communication. Examples bridge that gap.
0
PJC

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #5 
I have a calendar control with a Visual Script on the When Changed server event.

The Visual script implements an If-Then-Else statement.

I use an Assign Values visual command to Assign a text value to ProcessContext.UserError.

I have e-mail you the screen-shots. I cannot add them to the post.

Thank you for the help.
0
PJC

Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #6 

I have found the root cause of this issue and have submitted it to OpenText for resolution. Thought I'd share it here, should anyone else experience the same issue:

It is the <customErrors> tag in the web.config file of the web server.

 

You can set the customErrors tag to enable the web browser to react in a certain way when an un-handled error occurs in a web page.

 

To do this, you set the entry as follow:

<customErrors defaultRedirect=https://<server name>/Nweb page name> mode="RemoteOnly">

 

This option however, breaks the Metastorm code and the ProcessContext.Error returns a generic error message "There was an error processing the request." The specific error text ends up in the eLog table.

 

The only customErrors option that works with the Metastorm ProcessContext feature is:

 

    <customErrors mode="Off"></customErrors>

 

This option however does not give you the IIS flexibility of the RemoteOnly option.

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!