On the BO side: In 7.x we (and I expect most people) used to do something like:
%SelectSQL("Select %Variable1, %Variable2, %Variable3 from %Variable2 where %Variable3")
where variables stored or built up dynamic constructs for sql commands, which could include table, field names, or even entire statements - all relatively simply:
So the above and anything in between in terms of dynamic Exec/Select to populate dropdowns, grids, etc. From what we've tried so far binding unknown tables/columns based on variables (local preferably) to controls seems either confusing or not possible.
I'll post bugs as soon as Metastorm support confirm them, just to make sure its not just our environment.
For performance, initial side by side gave us:
Initial Processing seems the same:
1. The time to get to the log in page: 7.6=2 seconds, 9.01=2 seconds
2. The time to process log in: 7.6=2 seconds, 9.01=2 seconds
3. The time to navigate from To Do to Blank Forms: 7.6=< 1 second, 9.01=<1 second
4. The time to load a BPM Blank form that has cached: 7.6=< 1 second, 9.01=2 seconds
5. Time to cancel a form: 7.6=< 1 second, 9.01=1 second
6. Set the timeout in the DB to 0 - leave the ui for say 30 minutes, click on To Do (when Blank forms is displayed: 7.6=3 seconds, 9.01=6 seconds
7. Immediately after test 6, open a folder from the To Do list: 7.6= 2 seconds, 9.01=8 seconds
The Administration console is slower still, taking a minimum of 3 seconds to do any screen click (expand/collapse users, page, filter, etc).
The designer seeks to eat resources, taking half a gig just after opening and working on a relatively simple procedure for 60 minutes.