Process Mapping Logo

Process Mapping - Forums

Sharing 19 years of knowledge and experience

 
Metastorm BPM forums
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
bnt

New Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #1 

After upgrading to MBPM 7.6.4.10, Oracle DB 12c (x64) and Oracle Client 12c (x86), To Do/Watch lists stop being populated.  The records, however, are sitting in ealertgenerator and ealertrequest.  Truncating these tables does not help to get the alert generator to work. 

The same Oracle 12c database works with MBPM 7.6.4.9 and Oracle client 11g (x86).

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks.

0
Rick

Avatar / Picture

Senior Veteran
Registered:
Posts: 256
Reply with quote  #2 
We left v7 behind a long time ago but I recall we had problems similar to this one (I'm not sure which exact version though).

Check the table eAlertGeneraterLock - I have a feeling that entries sitting in this table stop alert generation.

We also had a problem where dynamic roles were not being resolved correctly. Check the eToDoList and eAlertList columns in eAlertRequest. We had situations where these columns contained the dynamic role name instead of the user names. Any entries in these columns which are not user names will stop ALL alerts from generating. We had to edit the data in these columns to replace the role names with the user names.

This was on-going and in the end we rebuilt the process to change the way it used roles to stop it happening.

__________________

Another full day of doing nothing but rearranging zeros and ones. :)
You know it will be a good day when there is no human interaction on the schedule.

0
abeebe

Member
Registered:
Posts: 29
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnt

After upgrading to MBPM 7.6.4.10, Oracle DB 12c (x64) and Oracle Client 12c (x86), To Do/Watch lists stop being populated.  The records, however, are sitting in ealertgenerator and ealertrequest.  Truncating these tables does not help to get the alert generator to work. 

The same Oracle 12c database works with MBPM 7.6.4.9 and Oracle client 11g (x86).

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks.



Did you re-publish all your libraries and maps after the upgrade?  I would also look at the way the dynamic roles are being populated.  I had a similar issue where I changed the dynamic roles and the semicolons between usernames was removed and this caused the lists to get locked and prevents the to-do/watch lists from being populated.

Also, once the list generator gets locked, and you have fixed the issue, you will need to delete the first one in the list since this is locked and it will prevent the rest of them from working.

I had also posted in this forum with the exact same issue, so you may want to search for it and see what the solution was.

Thanks

Alan
0
abeebe

Member
Registered:
Posts: 29
Reply with quote  #4 

Here is the link to the previous post and the solution I posted.

http://metastorm.processmapping.com.au/post/handlealertsthere-were-no-users-on-the-todo-list-3160459?pid=1289881020

Hope it helps.

0
bnt

New Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for all of your responses.  After trying everything with some help from Metastorm, I can only conclude that Oracle 12c client version 12.1.0.2 does not work with MBPM 7.6.4.10.  However, version 12.1.0.1 is no longer available.  I think it can be requested with Oracle for a copy.  But for now I stay with Oracle client 11gR1 which seems to work fine as data connection to the 12c database. 

Just want to note it here in case someone else runs into the same problem.

(You would need Oracle Client 12.1.0.1 32 bit and ODAC 12.1.0.1 32 bit)

Thanks again. 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!